MULTI PITCH CLIMBING IMMERSION tent based climbing course
Duration: 2 Days
Country/Region: Switzerland, Uri, Ticino, Bern
Price: 550 CHF p.P.
Dates: 27.05.2023 10.06.202324.06.202308.07.202322.07.2023or on request
Our 2-day multi-pitch immersion course for beginners and as a refresher, set in beautiful alpine scenery!
To make your experience even more unique, we will camp outdoors, admire the stars, and have an incredible time together. After the course you will have consolidated your knowledge about multi-pitch climbing, and will be able to tackle big walls independently.
min. 5a indoors
Climbing on lead experience
Tent based course for multi-pitch climbing
Today was an incredibly instructive day: From the correct use of the half ropes and the belay devices to the abseiling technique, we learned a lot! Furthermore, we were able to climb one or the other multi-pitch route, which can be quite tiring.
We sit in circle, enjoy some fine camping dishes, talk and joke together and enjoy the clear starry sky. On our first successful day we toast before going to our tents. Tomorrow will be another great climbing day with like-minded people!
On the second day we go all in again on the rock: we share many more tips and tricks for climbing multi-pitch routes, so you can deepen your knowledge and climbing technique in complete safety.
Our tent based micro expedition courses are as unique as you are: that’s why we plan them carefully and adventurously so that we have an unforgettable adventure full of breathtaking views, exercise and fun on the rock.
Some of the cantons where we offer our multi-pitch courses are:
Ticino, Uri, Bern and many more.
Multi Pitch Immersion
Das perfekte Angebot, wenn du ein zwei Tages Kletterkurs in alpiner Umgebung erleben möchtest und es mit Zelten vereinbaren willst.
Bereit für etwas Action?
Your benefits with Exped Tribe:
Local and multilingual mountain guide
who will document the trip with professional recordings and look after your well-being. You will receive drone videos, photos and much more as a souvenir of your adventure.
of max. 8 participants. Increased flexibility, familiar atmosphere and harmonious get-together. We do our best to ensure that all participants have an incredible adventure! We conduct expectation phone calls and pool participants who have similar expectations and abilities. We are happy to accept special requests!
We offer Alpine gourmet cuisine, completely without meat/fish!
Planting of several trees per participant. You will receive a certificate of your trees and will be able to follow their growth.
Cost-effective rental materials such as sleeping bags, climbing equipment and much more are available.
Planned schedule of the multi pitch Immersion climbing course
At the meeting point we divide the material and walk to the climbing crag, which will host our course. As soon as we arrive, it’s time to get down to business! After a theoretical introduction, it’s time to practice a lot ourselves, under the supervision of an experienced mountain guide. As soon as the finger tips hurt and the energies are slowly used up, it’s time to set up base camp. We choose a flat with panoramic views over the alpine world, and end the day with a tasty camping dinner. Those who want can enjoy the silence of the night and shooting stars.
We look at more complex topics of multi-pitch climbing, along with tips and tricks for climbing in a strength-saving way. Among other things, we learn the necessary techniques to get us out of an emergency situation while alpine climbing safely.
Once again it is a matter of practice, practice, practice to apply the techniques acquired. At the end of the course, everyone will be able to climb multi-pitches independently and in safety.
Countdown counter until the next MSL Immersion
Important info about your adventure
- Hard shell jacket
- Soft shell or fleece jacket
- Climbing pants, T-shirt and sweater
- Warm clothes for the overnight stay
- Sun and lip cream, sun hat
- Drinking bottle
- Ev. camera
- Sturdy shoes for approach
- Backpack (40-60l)
- Climbing shoes (tight but comfortable)
- Climbing harness
- Climbing set (3 HMS carabiners, belay/rappel device, 1 set of 6 expresses, 60 cm webbing slings, belay sling, prusik sling)
- Friends and nuts in different sizes, if available
- Other climbing material, if available
For the overnight
- Warm sleeping bag (comfort temperature -5°)
- Sleeping mat (insulated preferably)
- Cutlery (fork/knife/spoon/cup/bowl)
- Toiletries (reduced to minimum)
- Other camping equipment if available
Federally certified mountain guide or climbing guide
Professional photos and video reportage
- Snacks (not included, serves to replenish energy levels): This is eaten between breakfast and dinner and taken with you for appropriate days. Dried fruit, chocolate, cheese, wholemeal bread and energy bars are good. Remember not to make your backpack too heavy
- Half board (included): Out of commitment to animal welfare, we do not offer fish/meat. We do our best to keep the menu as exciting as possible despite logistical challenges. Please notify us in advance of any special dietary needs
- Climbing harness, CHF 20.00
- Helmet, CHF 15.00
- Climbing set, CHF 30.00
- Sleeping bag (comfort temp. -5°), CHF 30.00
- Insulated sleeping mat, CHF 25.00
This course is suitable for both beginners and advanced students, as the course material is discussed in advance according to the group and the wishes of the participants. It is also ideal as a refresher course;
We also offer this course in other Swiss cantons with an overnight stay in a hut or camping. Contact us if you prefer not to stay in a tent overnight
Erfahre mehr über unsere einzigartigen und erstaunlichen Erlebnisse.
Top alpinist on the move Dani Arnold has been known for years as the best ice climber in the world. His records range from free solo ascents while rock climbing to speed records on the most famous north walls of the Alps and the opening of new ice and mixed climbing...